VideoKen (Lead Engineer, July 2017- present)
- Lead Engineer (full-stack) for the design, development and deployment of the reporting, analytics, and integrations dashboard.
- Developed the tracking and analytics pipeline customized to suit VideoKen’s requirements.
- ‘Topic Editing Tool’: Lead the development of a tool to edit video indices.
- ‘Dashboard Integrations’: Integrated multiple video vendors such as Brightcove, YouTube, Kaltura, etc., with the VideoKen dashboard.
- Tech: Python, Elasticsearch, Azure Data Services, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Redis, Celery
IIIT-Bangalore (Research Associate, April 2016 – March 2017)
- Consulted with the Centre for Information Technology and Public Policy.
- Brought my experience in software development to evaluate “open information systems”. This project was funded by IDRC.
Fields of View (Co-Founder and Researcher, Feb 2012 – June 2016)
- Co-founded the organisation. Responsible for developing simulation software for policy research.
- ‘Communication Protocol Simulation’, Team Lead: Developed a GIS based policy research software tool, funded by DST, Government of India. Currently being used in IIT-Bombay.
- ‘Smart Campus’, Senior Engineer: Project that simulated electricity consumption in buildings, to test energy saving strategies.
- ‘Phoenix’, Senior Engineer: A Java-based open-source agent-based distributed simulation platform.
- ‘Electricity Market Game’, Senior Engineer: Collaborated with TU Delft, Netherlands to develop a simulation tool to teach electricity markets.
- Tech: Java, Python, PHP, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, PostGIS
Centre for Study of Science, Technology and Policy (Research Associate, July 2010 – Jan 2012; Intern, Jan 2010 – June 2010 )
- ‘Indian Energy Game’, Lead Engineer: An online simulation-game.
- ‘Disaster Management Simulation’, Engineer: Worked with a multi-disciplinary team to develop a GIS based simulation for disaster planning.
- ‘Gestalt’, Engineer: A multi-agent simulation platform for emergency and disaster management simulations.
- ‘Athena’, Engineer: An open-source, customized library system integrated with a recommender system for the CSTEP library.
- Tech: Java, JavaFX, QGIS, PostGIS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, JSP, PHP
For details, here is my CV